Find an Item you want to rent on RentMy1 that is available near you
Register pay the rent for the item and arrange to collect it
Book it for when you want it
Return the item to the Lender when it is due to be returned
We make sure you and your items are covered
Keeping the RentMy1 community a safe place to lend is our top priority. However, if your item is lost, stolen or damaged, whatever the reason, we have got you covered. When you lend on RentMy1 every item is covered by our guarantee up to €15,000 and our customer support is always on call if you need any instant advice.
More questions? Check out the guarantee FAQs:
If you do have your own commercial insurance, you will be required to claim on this before you claim on the RentMy1 guarantee. If your commercial insurance will not cover it, or your claim is rejected for any reason, you can claim on the RentMy1 guarantee.
Your items are guaranteed up to the value you paid for them (on your proof of purchase). It is at RentMy1’s discretion whether the value is paid out, or the item is replaced, but we’ll always do our best to please.
Please also note that we don’t guarantee late fees. However, if a borrower returns your item late, and doesn’t voluntarily pay for it, we will do everything we can to recover those fees on your behalf.
There are a few exclusions:
• Real estate (eg. houses or land).
• Chemicals, liquids or any consumables.
• Weapons (for obvious reasons).
• Wear and tear - minor superficial or cosmetic damage that does not affect the functionality of the item,e.g. small dents, scratches etc.
• Public liability.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible you must be able to make the following statements truthfully:
• I am the person who created and verified the account on RentMy1 through which the item in question was rented out.
• I have not been convicted of, or charged with, any offence other than motoring offences in the past 5 years.
• I have never been subject to a court judgement , a personal insolvency plan or to bankruptcy proceedings.
• I have never had insurance cancelled, refused or declined; or had any special terms imposed.
• I have not made more than 2 insurance claims in the past 5 years.
What do you need to do before and after the rental?
Make sure you do the following:
• Take photos or a video of your item before it goes out on rent (within 24 hours of the rental start date). These need to be timestamped so we recommend taking them on a smartphone where timestamps are automatically recorded or, you can take photos on this app.
• If your item has a core function you need a video of this working. for example. if it’s a machine or equipment - or if it’s a mower - a video of it in action, where we can hear the sound. This way if no external damage is visible but it stops working you can prove it was working immediately prior to the rental. And equally, if you believe that the item has been damaged during the rental, please make sure to document that by photos or videos taken/recorded within 24 hours after its been returned.
• If your item is returned damaged you must notify us within 24 hours of the end date of the rental.
• If your item hasn't been returned on time or has been returned damaged you must notify the RentMy1 Customer Service Team within 24 hours of the end date of the rental via instant chat or phone call.
• Make sure all items you give the renter are mentioned in the listing. If they’re not in the listing, they’re not guaranteed.
• Make sure you can locate the proof of purchase for your items, these will be required for successful claims.
• Most often it's quicker and cheaper if you and the other party are able to resolve the issue directly between yourselves. But don't worry if not, our dedicated Resolutions Team will be able to mediate the dispute on your behalf.
Most cases are settled in 24 hours between users
Most repair/replacement cases are settled directly between the Renter and the Lender. If both parties can reach consensus, this can be quicker and sometimes cheaper for the Renter. The majority of these cases are settled within 24 hours.
Our Renters accept full liability for the items they rent on RentMy1, so if, for any reason, they're unable to return your item as agreed, they are liable to pay for its full value.
The Resolutions Team
If consensus can't be reached between both users, RentMy1 has a dedicated Resolutions Team whose job it is to mediate between parties and examine all the available evidence in order to resolve the case.
If a rental of yours goes to the Resolutions Team, you'll be assigned a Resolutions Case Manager who will work with you and the other party to collate timestamped photo/video evidence, written statements and supporting materials. At the end of this process, your Resolutions Case Manager will submit your case to the Claims Review Committee who will decide who is liable and for how much.
Can I appeal a decision?
The decision reached by the Claims Review Committee will be final.